Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dreams Part 2

ONE REASON I POSTPONED writing The Subterranean was I wasn't sure it would work in scratchboard. Michel de Montaigne suggested the path to success was to create within a genre but in a new way. It occurred to me that I'd never seen a superhero comic done in scratchboard and it might be something new I could bring to the medium. I soon found there are good reasons artists have avoided scratchboard–it lends a fantastic mood but it's a lot of work!


In the second page of Cypher featuring The Subterranean he ruminates on his anger management issues. His personality hasn't changed much in the new version. He might be even angrier. Click twice on the image below to get a super close-up view (to read the text in the balloons):



No comments:

Post a Comment